Copyright/Permission to Reproduce
Materials on this Web site were produced and/or compiled by Small Business BC to provide small businesses with the relevant information, appropriate tools and resources needed to achieve successful and sustainable business.
The material on this site is covered by the provisions of the Copyright Act, by Canadian laws, policies, regulations and international agreements. Such provisions serve to identify the information source and, in specific instances, to prohibit reproduction of materials without written permission.
Small Business BC encourages linking to our website. We ask only that:
- Users exercise due diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the materials reproduced;
- Small Business BC be identified as the source; and
- The reproduction is not represented as an official version of the materials reproduced, nor as having been made in affiliation with or with the endorsement of Small Business BC.
Some of the materials and graphical elements found on the Small Business BC website are subject to copyrights held by other organizations. Some restrictions on the reproduction of materials or graphical elements may apply; it may be necessary to seek permission from the author or copyright holder prior to reproduction.
To obtain information concerning copyright ownership and restrictions on reproduction on this site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collection of Personal Information
- Small Business BC is committed to protecting the privacy of people whose personal information is held by the organization through responsible information management practices. Any personal information provided to Small Business BC is collected, used and disclosed in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, Federal Privacy Act and Canada's Anti Spam Legislation, Bill C 28.
- Small Business BC will collect personal information such as name, email and contact details only when consent has been given by the individual whether it is expressed or implied.
- Visitor information will not be disclosed to anyone except Small Business BC personnel who need the information to respond to a request.
- In the event that you contact us for support through the website, telephone or in person. Small Business BC may request that you provide additional information relevant to the support requested by you. Users are under no obligation to provide such information. Small Business BC does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. If you have provided expressed consent, Small Business BC may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party.
- In the event that you have registered for a seminar via video conference or webinar via a third party referral (such as Community Futures or a Chamber of Commerce) your details will be shared with that third party only.
- Cookies are used on the Small Business BC website to allow our servers to recognize your computer when you visit the site. The cookies do not collect or contain personal information about you. Here is the list of information that Small Business BC is collects using cookies:
- Your IP address - Small Business BC will make no attempt to link this address with the identity of individuals visiting the Small Business BC website;
- The length of each visit;
- The number of requests per visit;
- The type of operating system (Windows, Apple Mac etc.);
- The browser type (Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.).
- By keeping this data, the Small Business BC can fine-tune the sites based on user-activity trends.
- You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most browsers automatically accept cookies; however you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Small Business BC services or websites you visit.
For questions or comments regarding this policy or for additional information about the administration of the Privacy Act at Small Business BC, contact us at email@example.com.
For more information about privacy on the Internet, visit the privacy pages.
The Small Business BC website may contain links to third-party websites ("Linked Sites"). The Linked Sites are not under our control and we are not responsible for the contents of any Linked Site, including without limitation any link contained in a Linked Site, or any changes or updates to a Linked Site. We are not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any Linked Site. The Linked Sites are provided to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any Linked Site does not imply endorsement by us of the Linked Site or any association with its operators.
Requests for Links From the Small Business BC Website
To request a link to be placed on the Small Business BC website, please contact the Webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your contact message, please explain how the proposed link relates to this policy and contributes to the objective and enhancement of the Small Business BC website. Ensure that your contact name and email address are included. If a proposed link meets the criteria stated in this policy, it may still be declined at the discretion of the Small Business BC administrators. If a link is approved, the administrators of the target site will be informed and the link established.
A reciprocal link back to the Small Business BC website is encouraged.
Guidelines when Linking to the Small Business BC website
Small Business BC requests that webmasters periodically check the integrity of external links to specific pages or documents to the Small Business BC website. Small Business BC is not responsible for contacting webmasters with links to updated documents or pages.
Information on this site comes from many different federal departments and agencies, as well as external sources and other levels of government. Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy, currency and reliability of the content. Portions of the database are updated daily; however, at any time, some details may not yet reflect recent changes. If this occurs, please contact Small Business BC toll free at 1-800-667-2272 or at email@example.com.