About Small Business BC
Our vision: a champion for British Columbia’s small businesses
Small Business BC is British Columbia's premiere resource centre for knowledge-based business products and services.
Our core activities are supported by funds from Western Economic Diversification Canada and the Ministry of Jobs, Tourism and Skills Training. Through our ongoing operations and private sector partnerships, we’re able to offer additional products and services to the small business community.
Small Business BC’s innovative approach and programs have been recognized by several national and international awards, solidifying our reputation as an exceptional business resource.
Our strategic mandate
1. To provide entrepreneurs with products and services that will assist their successful entry into small business ventures.
2. To provide small businesses at every stage of development with products, services, and support that;
- Assist in development and growth
- Improve productivity
- Increase profitability
- Enable businesses to take advantage of new opportunities
Our service guarantee
We’re committed to providing quality information products and services to the British Columbia business community. At Small Business BC, you’ll find knowledgeable and courteous staff dedicated to meeting your business information needs.
If, for any reason, you’re not satisfied with our services, we encourage you to let us know and we’ll do our very best to correct the problem promptly.
- Strive to inform you about our products and services.
- Treat you with courtesy and respect.
- Strive to serve you through the method of your choice: in person, by telephone, fax, mail, email, and on our website.
- Make our automated services available to you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Ensure our website is available 365 days per year, 24 hours a day, except during periods of system maintenance. Broken links brought to our attention will be fixed immediately.
- Answer your phone calls promptly.
- Provide toll-free access to Small Business BC from all regions of B.C. without long distance charges.
- Provide you current information on federal and provincial government business-related products, programs, services, and regulations that is accurate, helpful, relevant, and timely.
- Update monthly the top 30 provincial documents in our business information database, and update every 9-12 months the federal documents in our database.
- Provide you with an estimate how long it will take to get back to you with an answer if we can`t provide you an answer within one business day.
- Provide you the contact information or web links that will best assist you if we must refer you to other resources. We encourage you to report back on unsuccessful referrals.
Our commitment is provide quality information to the business community. Let us know how we are doing by emailing your comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Small Business BC is a member of the Canada Business Network.